June 3, 2011

RED RICE

Posted by Mikkel
Its often the small things that surprise the most. Our "Henk" - the young guy who cleans, cooks, washes and irons for us - is going to a school which also involves a weekly all-day cooking class. His English is far from perfect, but every wednesday evening we discuss what he has learned to make and when I will get a chance to taste it. "Testing" we call it. This wednesday Henk seemed more exited than usual. He had learned to make RED RICE! "Very good" I was told. He was going to test it out the day after. But I had a dinner meeting and missed the experimental RED RICE meal. In the morning Henk insisted that I would bring the leftovers for lunch. His enthusiasm made me curious what it actually was, how you make RED RICE? "Food colour". Thats it! Velbekomme.

No comments: