September 15, 2011

Keep the Faith – Part II and III

(Posted by Mikkel from Nairobi)
Yes, still in Nairobi and still no significant news about my visa. I’m going crazy with this feeling of not knowing…believe they call it “in limbo”. However it does make me think of all the people facing these situations for months and sometimes years when they are trying to enter my own country. And I, off course, always have the option of going home to a safe haven.

(3 hours later)
Finally got the approval and travelling to Kigali this evening. “The country director can come to Rwanda to solve the problems”…now that sounds promising!!! Will be interesting weeks. And to top it all off: Our beloved most trustworthy Henk that many of you have heard about and donated things to is in…(I still cannot f…… believe it)…prison. He is involved in a scam involving 5 other people and our housemate’s bank account! Have to found out what actually happened, but it sounds all wrong. I was so sure that this was really a good guy worth our trust and investment. Will keep you posted once we find out more. Maybe this is the most characteristic thing about Africa. How things – ‘everythings’ – can just suddenly turn ugly.

No comments: