September 13, 2011

Keep the faith!

(Posted by Mikkel)
Four weeks in Europe. It should be easy to pick up the thread in Rwanda without a lot of trouble. NOT!!! Africa just decided to show me its more ugly face and throw everything at me: First the KLM plane turned out to be a Kenya Airways with a bad aircondition system. In Nairobi airport I wanted to buy some duty free alcohol only to learn that their sealing machines or the visa system was not working (4 different shops were not able to sell me anything). Finally in Kigali I’m not allowed in to the country because the immigration has not processed my visa application form in the three weeks they have had to do it (it should take three days). Right now there is a big chance that I will be going to Nairobi to stay there until my visa is “in ordnung”. And forgot to mention that they also lost one of our bags.

I’m now at the departure waiting room in Kigali Airport. Very low on energy and Africa credit. And what happens next: they manage to put on a movie in the waiting lounge about some airplane crash. Sorry Africa, but sometimes its hard to keep faith…

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Mikkel, this is not nice.... Brrrr ik denk aan je en hoop dat het meevalt en je gewoon naar Kigali kan gaan en aan het werk. Was fijn je te zien in NL.

janine said...

update from kigali (yes I did make it there)- Mikkel is now in the plane back to Nairobi... and we don't know when they will let him enter, and IF they will let him enter)so sad!

Ida Marie said...

Hi Mikkel & Janine
Sorry to hear about your little too adventurous stay in the airport and in Nairobi, Mikkel. Hope you'll soon be getting back to Janine and Rwanda. But nice to see you here in DK, thanks for dropping by my work. Greeting also from Peter and fam.